PM Modi Brings New Hope For Rural India
Modi’s resounding victory in the Lok Sabha elections has brought new hopes for rural India. The economic growth rate forecasts to increase to 8% during 2018-23. This in turn will lead to economic growth from $2.7 trillion in 2017-18 to nearly $4 trillion by 2022-23. The blueprint was released was released by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar.
There will be growth in education, health and technology. The slogan of Make in India Digital India would take the country to new heights. Primary health care management program would be implemented through Swastha Bharat Jan Andolan.
The Modi 2.0 would also bring in following new advancements to accelerate our rural economy.
- Build modern rural infrastructure
- Reorientation of fertilizer subsidy
- Rural electrification
- Diversification of crops
- Pucca house assurance to all
- Construction of toilets
- Adoption of hybrid seeds to farmers
- Stable agricultural export policy
- Increase area under drip irrigation
- Eliminate ban on ago- exports
- Facility of microloans
- Internet bandwidth in rural areas
- Promote digital literacy
- Boost online banking
- Increase in cash transfer scheme for farmers
- Promote access to bank accounts, insurance, pension
- Facilitate crop harvesting and utilization of farm residue
- Encourage farmers to capture higher share of value addition
- Arthik Shiksha Abhiyan in regular school curriculum
- Up-gradation of agricultural technology to increase productivity
- Establish village level procurement centers, link production to processing
The Modi government in the second term would focus to bring better policies for rural India. The rooftop solar facility would create 800 million jobs generating employment heading towards a mini industrial revolution in rural areas and reducing India’s fuel import bills. The rural people will have access to markets and cold storage and warehousing. The PM is also likely to focus a lot on agri business to create reforms in Mining, Railways, Bharat Net, Oil and Gas sector.
PM Modi has launched various government schemes to help the farmers. They are as under:
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna also known as crop insurance scheme which guarantees timely payments that must be directly paid to farmers and not to any private company or trader. The crop insurance scheme may also start covering excessive rain and forest fire.
Electronic national agriculture market (e-NAM) and Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana would benefit the farmers and improve their well being.
The soil health scheme is for better management of soil which would help in optimal production of crops. The neem coating of urea program aims at saving the urea from being used for non-agricultural purposes.
For any farmer soil, fertility is very important to augment grain production and yield income. Our agricultural scientists are researching on improving soil fertility through digitized database. This would create a breakthrough in agriculture technology at the same time would help farmers.
With the slogan of Jai Jawan Jai Kisan PM Modi is on the verge to bring about a second green revolution making India a leader in both food and national security. He has emphasized agriculture to be the prime industry of rural India as it is a source of income and the pride of our nation.