[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Client: Shriram Fertilisers and Chemicals (SFC)
Product: Shriram Super Phosphate
Activation Duration: 2 months
Shriram Fertilisers & Chemicals (SFC) has been a dominant brand in northern India with a loyal base of customers and a proven record of well-performing products. One of them is Shriram Super Phosphate (SSP). SSP is present in Maharashtra for a while except for the western region which is an acclaimed region for horticulture. On the account of irregularity on the supply front, the retail presence was unsteady in those areas. As a result, traders, distributors & dealers were hesitant. On the end user’s front, Phosphate being the most generic yet essential nutrient was by default indispensable and a must-use product for farmers. But no marketing efforts were put in till now.
The brief was to embark upon a marketing initiative that develops the market afresh and builds confidence amongst all the stakeholders for the company and brand.
- To establish SFC as one of the leading companies of today’s time and SSP as a promising product with an assurance of uninterrupted supply from new plant
- To take the brand to end-users and convince them of the overall proposition
- To build hype and hysteria around the brand amongst all the stakeholders
- Involvement of all the customer/consumer segments such as distributors, retailers, progressive farmers & farmers at village level was at the core of the chalked out concept backed by the right timing and touchpoint/place.
Role of Ascent
The conceptualization was transformed beautifully into cohesive action. Having clarity on the scope of integration for the job in hand, Ascent zeroed down on the judicious mix of the activities/media that later became the very reason for success.
Product relaunch & plant visit
It was a 3 days long affair having a plant visit on the third day culminating into a gala night which marked the unveiling of the product. Day one was a welcome day more of an informal get together as distributors came from different places. The event actually took shape from day two. Since we had access to all the distributors in a single place, an engagement was apt to lighten up the mood and spirit. Tambola was planned, popularly known as housie, to hammer the key messages that makeup the campaign proposition. The night ended with folk dance Lavani, as a resounding entertainment followed by dinners/cocktails. Our third day started a little early and set out for a plan visit with 3 minibuses on service accompanied by lunch at the site. The evening saw the product unveiling in a thrilling, mesmerizing way. Also the being the last day, it was an occasion for the company to talk about business.
Kisan Chetna rally
A baton flagged off from Ratnagiri plant to client exchanging hands with progressive farmers from target villages before culminating back to the same place. The idea behind the rally was to trigger word of mouth by involving progressive farmers and other farmers alike. It pretty much served the purpose and managed newspaper coverage as well.
Retailer Meet in Bus
For those trade partners who were not part of the product unveiling and plant visit. We cracked an idea of “Plant on wheel”. The interiors of the bus were tweaked to have a good sitting arrangement. The sidewall/panel was used for the exhibition of plant photos, processes etc.
A total of 580 outlets were shortlisted. Out of this a total of 100 were premium ones having all the branding inputs. Others entitled for select inputs. The whole job from production to installation was turned in 15 days. Branding input included dealer board, inflated dangler, LD foam banner & paperweight.
Focused Farmer Activation
Under this initiative, we reached out to farmers to have a more focused engagement with them. Before developing any inclination for our brand they needed to spend some time with the brand. Thus, getting hold of them in their own village helped to achieve the same. It was possible because the schematic engagement was put in place. The schematic engagement first paved the way for Shriram SSP by engaging farmers upon the criteria to decide about any phosphate brand. Then we presented them with a newly operational plant to have access to a Shriram product. This gave a local touch to the brand
The next level aimed at putting” Karo Shriram SSP ka Irada” into action. The content of engagement established our product basis on certain USPs that farmers look forward to while buying SSP. Our engagement required farmers to bang on a punch pad with intensity and the intensity of hitting would swing the needle on the console from bottom to top. The winners were the ones who swung it fully.
- Participation of 125 distributors and dealers during product relaunch and plant visit in 3 days exercise
- The Retailer meet bus reached 643 retailers from 6 districts in 30 days
- The Kisan Chetna Rally covered 266 villages in 30 days
- Kisan Chetna Rally baton exchanged baton with 10300 farmers across 40 days in approx. 400 villages
- Focused farmer activation across 266 villages activated 13355 farmers and left with being convinced about the brand.
- A gratification to 2200 farmers was identified as proactive farmers based on their participation in planned engagement.
- Press Release in all leading Marathi Newspaper
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][image_carousel images=”14495,14494,14493,14492,14491,14490,14489,14488,14487,14486″ image_size=”thumbnail” click_action=”light_box” autoplay=”true”][/vc_column][/vc_row]